Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thinking... Thinking...

So it's been a while since my last post. It's amazing how being sick can knock you right off of your game. I got back on my yoga mat the other night so today I've decided it's back to my blog!

I decided that I'm revamping my Etsy store somewhat so I'm busily working away. I'm hoping that I can announce a relaunch date very soon. I've got swirls of ideas floating around in my head and making their way into my sketch pad... but time where are you??? I know, one thing at a time.

I took some time out on the weekend and visited the One of a Kind Show. I looked at it as a fact finding mission about design and display. I found it quite funny that I wasn't overly impressed by many of the jewellery displays. Some were too busy, and others just not inviting. The booths that I was drawn to had an open feeling and were not so overpopulated with materials that you couldn't focus on the actual products.

The words that I took away were: Inviting.  Visually & Graphiclly Stimulating.  Fun.  Whimsy. Hopefully, I can apply them effectivly to my next inranation of my booth and online shop.

This was my booth from an outdoor show that I did last year. I'm trying to figure out a way to add height to some of my displays and adapt for an indoor location. I'm feeling like some vintage inspiration is coming my way.

(check out the awesome table cloths that my Mom sewed for me!)


After going through the whole One of a Kind show, this was my favorite artisan from a purely creative standpoint.

Propane Tank Pigs! Awesome!


Happy Birthday wishes to my big sister today!
xoxox

namaste.
Christy


No comments: