Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cannonball !

Here goes! My first blog post. Can I say that this is a little intimidating? ...just a smidgen. What prompted this you may ask? The need to make a change. So I'm not slowly walking into the lake for the first swim of the year, I'm doing a cannonball right in!

I started Pink Pepper about three years ago out of the simple joy that I get from making jewellery. It started with wire work and has moved onto chainmaille, crochet and semi precious work. If I think it looks interesting I'll try it!
 (some of my first chainmaille work)

Pink Pepper really blossomed into a business because I would wear what I had made and people would ask where I bought it. I would shyly say that I made it.

What was the greatest part about all of this you might ask? I could make anything I wanted and put it out there!  I also started to receive more custom orders with just themes/colour requests. As an artist I felt liberated to just create. I remembered what it was like to create for the simple sake of making something that you love. 

(The Scenic Route Necklace)
Moving onto a few years later and some sales under my belt, I'm looking to expand my business and learn more about making this more than part-time. So in comes Indie Biz 3.0!  I'm taking an online business course with an amazing group of like-minded artists of all disciplines. It inspires me daily. :)

What does all of this amount to? I'm working hard to create a sustainable, creative and successful business with an open heart and a positive mind. I hope that you can join me and follow along with my journey.

namaste.
- Christy

2 comments:

Lauren Lobley said...

I love this, Christy!!! And love your passion and courage :) Cannot wait to see this journey unfold!!
Lauren
xoxo

Dallas said...

Hey Christy! I'm also taking Indie Biz, your blog looks great can't wait to read some more posts from you, and see more of your work!